Over the last couple of days, I’ve noticed other bloggers have been reflecting on 2015 and everything they have achieved with their blogs over the past year. Reading posts like this has made me realise how much I want to be proud of what I have accomplished with this blog in a year’s time. So as a result, I’ve started setting myself some blogging targets and goals, that I’ll hopefully have met by the end of the year. 2016, I’m determined to make you a successful first year for the Mouse Chick blog.
I’m someone that has to start the new year as they mean to go on, so the first thing I had to do was get myself prepared for 2016, and for me, this means getting a diary and planning out my year. I picked out this beautiful Frozen one in the iCandy Cards and Gifts sale – it was only £3.99! With glittery pages and some of my favourite Frozen characters throughout the book, I couldn’t wait to get started writing in it. Already, I’ve assigned my next few blog post ideas to dates and started writing my University classes and upcoming travelling trips onto the pages. You’re probably now thinking, what has this diary got to do with my 2016 blogging goals? Well having this book means that I can set small targets throughout the year and then when I reach them, I can tick them off and set myself new ones further on in the book. I’ll also be able to build up a post schedule around University commitments, so that the blog doesn’t get neglected in times of stress and endless amounts of coursework. Blogging is my stress relief after all, so I need to make sure I make time for it!
- First of all, I want to get the Mouse Chick blog involved in the lifestyle bloggers community, through Twitter and other social media. I’d love to guest post for other bloggers, and bring some guest voices to the Mouse Chick.
- I also want to establish an audience for the blog. I’d love to think that in a years time, I have a group of people that like to come back and read my content. After all, more traffic brings more opportunities!
- Generating a good reputation for the Mouse Chick blog is something I also want to do. I’d love people to feel like they’re benefitting from reading the blog, whether it be finding a Disney gift idea for a friend, or getting inspired to travel to a new place.
- I’m going to make sure I keep posting regularly, perhaps every day if it’s possible!
- Ultimately, I want to be proud of the Mouse Chick blog’s progress at the end of 2016.