Today it’s Christmas Eve and exactly one year since I started this blog. I can hardly believe that I’ve only been doing this properly for 12 months; taking photos and writing are quickly becoming my favourite hobbies. Having this blog has given me a place to unleash my creativity and I’m so glad that I started it a year ago. For the final Blogmas post, I’m going to talk about why I’m so pleased that I started this blog.
1. I have somewhere to share my travel photos.
2. I’ve made new friends through blogging. Here’s some of the lovely people that I’ve been fortunate enough to meet over the past year:
3. It’s helped me become a more organised person.
4. I’ve found a new hobby in party planning, thanks to my collaborations with Talking Tables.
5. I’ve learnt a lot about Social Media and SEO through having my blog.
6. I’ve been to some really cool blogging events and I’ve had new experiences.
7. Blogging has introduced me to the world of Etsy. It’s now one of my go-to sites when I’m buying presents.
8. It’s given me a chance to be more creative with Instagram. My feed is a photographic extension of my blog.
9. It’s encouraged me to start writing by hand again. I usually always draft my blog posts in a notebook first. Studying IT means that you spend so much of the time typing, so it’s nice to go back to traditional writing.
10. It’s really helped me feel festive this Christmas. Writing Blogmas posts has really got me into the Christmas spirit.
11. My photography has really improved this year and it’s because I’ve tried to capture high quality pictures for my blog.
12. I’ve been inspired to travel more. My travel wish is now really long, thanks to reading other travel blogs and receiving recommendations.
Here’s to another year of blogging!
Thank you for all of your support this past year.
Good stuff…Merry Christmas!
I really love these posts, it's always good to reflect on blogging and great to read if your ever experiencing a slump! (because we all do at some point!)
You're right, it's always good to reflect! 🙂
Thanks for commenting.
Have a great day!